A bloated stomach could be caused by a large number of things so it’s not always the easiest pain to get rid of. However by following some of these simple tips below you will at least stand a good chance.
1. Eating Habits
The main cause of a bloated stomach is food and all habits associated with it. For most of you, just by following these tips your likely never get a bloated stomach again.
- Eat with your mouth closed, not only is it rude to eat with it open but you also end up breathing in more air.
- Eat smaller amounts more often than the odd massive indulgence. By eating smaller amounts your body has more time to digest the food stopping loads from pilling up in your stomach (which makes you feel bloated)
- Drinking more water and less fizzy drinks especially while eating will help stop that gassy feeling in your stomach
- When drinking never gulp down a whole glass, always just take small sips often
- Sit up right and maintain a correct posture:
- After eating always give your food at least 45 minutes to go down before doing any exercise especially swimming
- Chew your food properly, research has shown that the correct amount of times to chew a single mouthful is 18 times. While myself and others may find this a little excessive unless your eating a fatty steak it’s still extremely important to take your time whilst eating.
- Stay away from drinks high in sugar, the feeling of a bloated stomach can sometimes actually been caused by drinking too many sports drinks. It’s recommend you don’t drink more than one energy drink (500ml) a day, too much can severely harm your stomach.
2. Maintain Good Posture
A large majority of people these days will find themselves sitting down in front of a computer for the majority of the day. It’s important that you maintain a good posture in order to stop putting constant pressure on your stomach. When your walking or standing waiting around always make sure your not slouching, not only will it help your stomach but it’s also a great mental boost to keep your head held high.
3. Potassium rich foods
Potassium helps to regulate the fluid balance in your body, some great foods which are high in potassium are:
4. Apply pressure to your stomach (massage)
By massaging your stomach and applying small amounts of pressure by your hips your start to feel pressure relieved as you (pass the extra gas)
5. Drink Water
One cause of a bloated stomach is actually a lack of water, you need to make sure your body has adequate water in order to prevent it from compensating for the little water it does have.
As always if you have any extra ideas or know of anything else that works for you please leave a comment and we will likely add it to the post.…